Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hong Kong Kim Gary @ Vivo City

If you happen to pass by Vivo on friday evening, you will notice that almost restaurants are packed with people and long queues outside restaurants are very common.

That day is my friend's birthday and they have decided to eat Hong Kong Kim Gary. She was the one who recommended this place. I saw their menu and their price was very reasonable, maybe thats the reason why there is such a long queue.

Look at the QUEUE!!! When i reached the place, the queue was already very long. Luckily they are already in the queue.

A must order drink when you visit Hong Kong Cafe will be their milk tea. The drink beside the milk tea is Pomelo honey..If you like pomelo, this is definitely the drink for you.

This is 'yuan yang' which is a mixture of milk tea and coffee. Nice combination indeed

This is what I ordered, pork rib rice. Nothing spectacular, pork rib is crispy but the rice is just plain white rice.

This is a special dish. Beef curry baked with cheese. It doesnt taste like curry. More of like beef rendang to me. I like the cheese that is spread on top of the dish. Nice~~

This is the 'yuan yang' of rice. It is a combination of pork and beef curry baked rice. Tastes similar to the beef curry mentioned above.

Dessert Time!!! We had this mango ice, the mango is not very sweet. Red beans are buried under the ice. I think this is a dish created from our singaporen dish ice kachang.

Conclusion: Its a very normal hong kong cafe. You can come and try if you wish to try out what type of food hong kong cafe provides. I would not even think of going in to eat if I am going to queue up.

Total Cost: I had one pork rib rice and pomelo honey drink which cost about $13 ba... Very reasonable for a hong kong cafe.

No comments: