Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kluang- Best Claypot Rice I ever ate better than those you can find in Spore!

A group of my University friends and I planned a 1 week visit to my friend's hometown Kluang at Malaysia. He bring us around visiting some of their tourist attractions in Kluang like their mountains, rivers etc.
Finally its makan time and he introduced us to this 'Boon Kee' claypot rice which i think is the best claypot rice I ever ate in my life...

There are 9 of us eating so the cook recommend that we order 2 large claypot rice. We also ordered other dishes as well because eating in Malaysia is CHEAP! We can order as much as we like...

Before & After
In Singapore, alot of the claypot rice used cooked rice and put into the claypot and heat it warm.
The claypot rice here is cooked with raw rice and water in the claypot till it is cooked before adding in the ingredients. Using this method, you can get to eat the charred rice at the base of the claypot. The charred rice is very crispy and it tastes like biscuit.

This dish is called 'Nan Ru Pork Belly' Its very special because it is marinated with 'Nan Ru' which makes it taste so different from other fried pork belly..

Onion With Egg...Nothing Spectacular

Thai Style TouFu, the sauce is slightly different from what we eat in Singapore. Their sauce is homemade. Not bad actually.

Chilli KangKong which taste exactly the same everywhere

I mentioned that we ordered 2 large claypot rice, because it is so nice that we ended up ordering another large claypot rice to satisfy our cravings. Overall the food is good, food in Malaysia is always better as compared to Singapore. Maybe they never skip the procedures of cooking or simply because I am sick and tired of Singapore food..I dunno.

Total Cost: A dinner for 9 of us cost us only $82 Ringgit!! It is damn cheap. I will definitely come back to eat if i get to visit Kluang in the future...

Blogged with Flock

No comments: