Sunday, October 21, 2007

Old Airport Rd Hawker Center Reopen!!- Part 1

Yes you have not heard wrongly, Old Airport Road Hawker Center is back after undergoing one year plus of renovation.
I went there on the 1st July 07 which is also the first day they reopen the hawker center.
Maybe both the newspaper and the news report mention the opening of Old Airport Road Hawker Center, it really attracts tons of people coming here for dinner.

Car park was full and I had to parked on neighborhood carpak nearby and walked there to have my dinner.
The whole place is repainted and the tables & chairs are replaced by better ones. It looks cleaner but i think it is still as stuffy as before.
They did increase the seating capacity by putting more tables and chairs in the open area.

This Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow is a must eat when you come to Old Airport Road Hawker Center, it has been here before the renovation and take a look at the queue.
You will know how popular it is. My mum queued for almost 30-45 mins for 2 plates of Fried Kway Teow.

Finally the Fried Kway Teow is here, the reason why there is such a long queue is because the boss insist on cooking these kway teow plate by plate. By the way, each plate cost $3 and $4 for a larger plate.
This is to maintain the quality of his fried kway teow, definitely it taste better than who cook in bulk.
The fried kway teow is very juicy unlike other stalls who cook until very dry. It hard to find such nice Fried Kway Teow in Singapore le.

I had a cravings for bbq chicken wings and there a few stalls selling bbq chicken wings. I decided to buy from this stall. Each bbq chicken wing is only selling for 90 cents. It is 10 cent cheaper than other stalls! Maybe this is his way of attracting more business in this competitive market. I waited for 30 mins for 8 bbq chicken wings. The chicken wings here are not over bbq, there are not alot of 'chao da' patches on the chicken wing.
All the chicken wings are cooked till just nice and the meat is very tender.

This is a new stall which open after the renovation and i decided to give it a try. It say it is a branch from the famous porridge at bedok blk 85 market. This is the only dish i dont need to wait too long for the food. I ordered pork porridge with century egg. Hmm, overall this porridge is ok but i would still prefer the one at bedok blk 85 market. Whats more, this bowl of porridge cost me $4, its very expensive! I dun think i will visit this stall again as there are still other porridge stalls in the hawker center also.

I think i will put an end to my 1st part of my Old Airport Road Hawker Center review...For more food reviews, please carry on to read part 2 of my food review... Thanks

No comments: