Sunday, October 21, 2007

Seng's Wantan Noodle @ Dunman Food Centre

After my Recommendation for the frog leg porridge at Dunman Food Centre, another food stall that I will recommend will be this Seng's Wantan Noodle. For the last few visits, I only came here for the Dragon City Claypot Frog. As I was eating, I noticed that other than this frog porridge..I saw alot of orange plates on surrounding tables and I trace back and all these orange plated wantan noodles are from Seng's Wantan Noodle.

I was not attracted by this noodle stall at all, no queue at all! I was thinking how come everybody is eating. So I go there to take order..I was shocked when the auntie told me you have to wait for 20mins....Can you Imagine waiting 20 mins for a plate of wantan noodle!!! I say ok since my main dish are the frog leg porridge so I can wait while enjoying my porridge.
I went there at 9 plus at night so I was thinking how is it possible to wait 20 mins for a plate of wantan noodle so I timed how long it took for it to come. True enough, it really came at about 20 mins. It better be good because at 9 plus le still need to wait 20 mins...

When i saw the noodle i know it will be good. Because this is the noodles that those good wantan noodle always used.. I dunno how to describe it but I really can tell just by the noodle itself. Its not like those transparent type of noodle that is very difficult to chew and this type of noodle is slightly thicker and not so sticky than those transparent type which we can normally eat at those HongKong style roast meat noodle. The famous wantan noodle stall at East Coast Park Hawker also uses this type of noodle and 1 of my Favorite wantan noodle stall at Jurong West Blk 505 market also uses this noodle..

Other than its premium noodle, they also add in pork lards!!! This further enhance the fragrance to the wantan noodle... The wantan and the char siew are normal but the soup is better than other stall outside. The aunties selling the noodles are super friendly also. You will have a nice experience eating this stall maybe except the waiting part ba.

Total Cost for 1 plate of wantan noodle: $3( i order the bigger plate..so normal 1 should be $2 or $2.50) Cheap!!!
I will definitely come back again for more!

No comments: